Friday 20 March 2009

Why I'm Looking Forward To This Years Mothers Day

You are probably thinking because it will be my first as a mummy and you will be half right. I will certainly be over the moon to celebrate the fact I'm a mum and role that I am loving!! However the main reason I am looking forward to it, is it will be the first year in 10 years that I don't want to spend the day in bed!

10 years ago my mother and her husband at the time (she's on number 4) walked out on me and siblings leaving us homeless. My mother decided that her marriage was more important to her then her children I have not seen or spoken to her since. Hence Mother's day has not been filled will joy for me, just a reminder that my Mother didn't love me enough to stay.

So this year I get to celebrate that I am a Mummy to my fantastic daughter and finally have a happy Mother's day.

Happy Mothers Day

NM x

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy the day and start your own traditions, you are in a good place now, it is her loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day to you! You're a top mummy and you're doing it the way it should be done. *Hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mothersday!! We almost made it, but my tummy is still rounded and the little lady still snug within...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a wonderful day. I'm sure your little girl will make it more and more special for you as she grows older too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to know what you think

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin