I originally wrote this post earlier this year for Mumstop, this blog doesn’t exist anymore. After readings Liz’s post on Living With Kids this morning, Why Do Some Mum Abuse Others Online For The Choices They Make? I decided to repost this on here.
There seems to be a lot of mum bashing going on at the moment and not only by the press.
The worst offenders seem to be mums who see themselves in different camps and attack each other. Well I for one am fed up with it, we should be supporting each other not judging and belittling each other’s choices. We’ve all been guilty of it, including me, well no more!
Here is my list of things I don’t care about
- I don’t care if you bottle or breastfed your child. As a mother it is your decision, do what you feel is best for you and your child.
- I don’t care if you had a c-section, gave birth with no pain relief or had all the drugs you could get. Your child was brought into this world by you, they way it happened doesn’t matter.
- I don’t care if you are a SAHM, WAHM, Working mum. Again do what is right for you and your family.
- I don’t care if you’re a teenager, in your 20’s, 30’s or 60’s, if that’s the age you are when you have your baby so be it. The age you are doesn’t make you love a child any more or less.
- I don’t care if you co-sleep, sleep-train your baby or use controlled crying, if it works for you and you get some sleep, go for it.
- I don’t care if you do baby lead weaning or you weaned with purees, go with what you feel comfortable with. I also don’t care if you make it all yourself or use readymade jars.
- I don’t care if you dress you children in designer clothes, clothes from Next, or Asda or hand-me downs. It really doesn’t matter where you get their clothes from, they will stain them with something orange.
I don’t care, I don’t care, I don’t care, so stop caring what I’m doing and get on with your life. I am not hurting me child, she is not neglected, or starved.
Mums stop arguing and judging and start supporting each other.