I’ve been fortunate to witness most of BG’s firsts. Some of them have been amazing like her first smile, her first word and her first step. Some of them not so amazing, like her first projectile vomit, the first time she diarrhoea and that first bump on the head.
I’d like to say today I witnessed an amazing first but that would be a lie, you see today we have the first incident of an object up the nose!
What was that lucky object I hear you ask, well it was a raisin. BG has been trying to get a raisin up her nose for some time now but I can normally catch her before she succeeds, today I was too late.
I gave BG a bowl with some raisins and popped into the kitchen, which is practically the same room which means I turned my back for 30 seconds when she started crying. I went to see what was wrong and she pointed to her nose and carried on crying.
I asked her if she had put a raisin up there and she replied “no”. She wouldn’t let me look up her nose and every time I went near her she screamed. I managed to grab up and get a quick look but couldn’t see anything. I then thought maybe she’s got a blocked nose as there are a lot of colds going around. I got some tissue and tried to get her to blow her nose, which at first she refused to do.
She ran to the other side to the room, stopped, snorted and a snot covered raisin flew out and onto the floor. She looked at it and said “yuck” and then laughed. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry, so I laughed with her.
After a chat with a few mums on twitter about this incident. They told me their stories of their kids getting objects up their noses and I’m really glad now that it came out so easily or we would have had another bad first today, a trip to A&E!