I have come to the realisation recently that I’m not the perfect mother, far from it, actually I’m rather crap at it sometimes. A while ago I write a post called 5 Reasons I’m Going to Hell, so I thought I list the 10 reasons I’m a crap mum.
1. Even after 2 years I still can’t put a nappy on properly, it always looks wonky.
2. I don’t brush BG’s hair (or comb it), it’s quite curly so when its wet I run my finger through to separate the curls, she doesn’t get knots
3. This one is really bad *whispers* I still haven’t taken BG to the dentist
4. Sometimes I give BG chocolate, cakes, biscuits, jam or even some of a well known hazelnut spread that contains coco as a treat. Actually I give it to her so she doesn’t steal mine
5. I sometimes snap at BG, I don’t mean to and I don’t want to be a shouty parent but sometimes it just slips out
6. As soon as she dropped her night feeds I stopped hearing her cry in the night, I think it’s mainly because I know OH will get up to her so I let him. They only time I hear her now is when OH is on an early shift and I know I have to get up with her.
7. I haven’t taken her swimming yet
8. I don’t iron her clothes (I don’t Iron any clothes in all fairness)
9. Some days I threaten to sell her to the gypsy’s. I had a conversation with my younger sister recently and she said she says the same to her daughter so we think our Mother used to threaten us with the same thing.
10. I don’t do organised activities with BG, we’re a bit adhoc in the house except for our toddler groups. It all depends on what mood we are in and how much I can be bothered
To be honest it was only supposed to be 5 reasons but once I started listing them I couldn’t stop, there was actually a lot me but I thought I’d stop at 10!
Please tell me I’m not the only one!!
This was originally written as a guest post for Me, The Man and The Baby.