Saturday 11 December 2010

Possibly The Worse Cover Version in The World

I get really annoyed when artists can't be bothered to make their own music and make terrible covers of a perfectly good song.


I don't mean taking a hook or melody from a song and using it sometimes that works really well, but I mean doing a cover that frankly is just a lazy excuse for not being original.


There have been some truly horrendous covers in the past, for example Take That doing Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit



or Atomic Kitten doing Blondie's Tide Is High


Or Girls Aloud covering the Pretenders I'll Stand By You


These songs are a classic for a reason, leave them alone and come up with something original!

Do you want to see what has caused this rant? Well its this lazy arse, excuse for music by the Black Eye Peas! 

They have covered the Time of My Life, its not even a good cover. It sounds terrible and every time is comes on I have to switch it off, it makes me angry?

I'll let you judge for yourself!

NM X

5 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. My nominations for worst ever cover would be Paul Young murdering Joy Division's "Love will tear us apart", or Duran Duran doing "Femme Fatale" by Velvet Underground or "White Lines"by Grandmaster Flash - they did a whole album of unforgivably appalling covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it *blush*

    I want my own auto-tune so that I can sing it in the same style :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an awful cover but SOOOO catchy...I have it stuck in my head constantly and like it in a wierd annoying way x

    ReplyDelete
  4. *whispers* That Girls Aloud version is one of my fav songs! Hehe..

    Cannot sand that black eyed peas cover!! I get sooooo angry when it comes on in the car!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parklover - Good choices!!

    Nickie @ Typecast - Hang your head in shame!

    Carly Yeganeh - I just can't listen to it.

    Emma - *strokes head*

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to know what you think

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin